Many expect the Jacksonville Jaguars

chenyan94
Many expect the Jacksonville Jaguars to sign free agent quarterback Nick Foles next week when the new NFL league year starts. He is the best available quarterback on the market and sitting with the..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Cat Countrya Jacksonville Jaguars communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsJaguarsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsFiled under:NFL Free AgencyNick Foles probably won’t get $20 million per seasonNew Andrew Norwell Jerseys 2019 ,93commentsESTShareTweetShareShareNick Foles probably won’t get $20 million per seasonPhoto by Jonathan Bachman/Getty ImagesMany expect the Jacksonville Jaguars to sign free agent quarterback Nick Foles next week when the new NFL league year starts. He is the best available quarterback on the market and sitting with the seventh overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, it’s unlikely the Jaguars can get one of the top quarterbacks without trading up.The real question is how much are they going to be paying for Nick Foles, who hasn’t really proven he can be “the guy” for a team yet in his NFL career, though he has been an impressive spot-starter the past two season. The speculation around what Foles is going to end up getting on the open market has been all over the place, but most recently it’s been speculated that he will be getting a deal averaging at least $20 million per season, potentially higher.To be perfectly honest, I do not think Foles is going to get that much on a contract as a free agent during this free agency period. I know that there have been reports that the Miami Dolphins, New York Giants and Washington are all interested in Foles... but are they really?I think the talk of those teams being interested and that the Jaguars and Foles, more or less, have a deal in place for next week are both things being drummed up by an agent. While the NFL Combine is usually where the ball gets rolling on free agent deals, it’s abnormal to have a set in stone deal that’s public before the combine is even done with.I do not think Foles is going to get a deal in the $20 million range because frankly there isn’t the market for that. That could be what Foles’ agent is going to try to get him, because I do not think Foles himself is going to be looking for a monster deal Black Landry Jones Jerseys , since that’s what agents do... but the market just isn’t there.The Giants would have to do a lot of maneuvering to get Foles, which includes releasing Eli Manning who they seemingly just committed to for at least another season. Washington is stuck with their cap situation because of Alex Smith, who they cannot release and can only get relief if he retires and by all accounts the Miami Dolphins are planning to tank the season and go through a full rebuild.The Jaguars are going to have to find the right balance to not bid against themselves if, as the reports seem to indicate, Foles is who they want to bring in to be the quarterback for 2019 and the foreseeable future. My guess is the deal will be more close to the deal the Jaguars gave Blake Bortles last season, in the $16-$18 million per year range. You can play a little hardball because of the market for Foles, but if you go too low then you do create a market because some other teams might decide “Hey, if that’s the price lets jump in”.I’d guess Foles get something along the lines of a 5-year deal for $90ish million with about $35-40 million guaranteed. As the Jaguars due with most of the free agent deals, I’d presume that most of those guaranteeds would be paid early in the deal so it ends up being more a true 2-3 year deal than a full 5-year deal.I don’t have any sources on that, just looking at what the Jaguars typically do, what the quarterback market is likely to be, and recent contracts.There’s no need to give Foles a deal paying $20 million or more per season. The market simply does not support it Landry Jones Jerseys 2019 , even with paying a free agent premium. The Jacksonville Jaguars have lost three of the last four to the Tennessee Titans, sit at 4-8 on the season and are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and out of the AFC South..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsJaguars can play spoilers, if offense shows upNew,73commentsByAlfie Crow@AlfieBCCDec4, 2018,4:10pm ESTShareTweetShareShareJaguars can play spoilers, if offense shows upJim Brown-USA TODAY SportsThe Jacksonville Jaguars have lost three of the last four to the Tennessee Titans, sit at 4-8 on the season and are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and out of the AFC South race.Realistically, the Jaguars aren’t playing for anything but pride and that could come into play against a team like the Titans.The Jaguars were swept by the Titans last season, despite winning the AFC South. That prompted the Titans to talk a lot of trash about how the Jaguars were kind of fake division champions because they didn’t beat them. The Titans beat the Jaguars again, 9-6 at TIAA Bank Field, earlier in the season and talked a bunch of trash after that game too.The Jaguars can get some revenge on Thursday Night Football and play spoiler for the Titans 2018 playoff and division hopes Black Cedric Ogbuehi Jerseys , but in order to do that they’ll need to score a lot more than six points.The Jaguars shut out the Colts on Sunday, meaning the six points were enough to win, but starting quarterback Cody Kessler said he wanted to take some more shots down the field but was also trying to be mindful of not messing it up for the defense with a mistake like a turnover.“Obviously, yeah,” Kessler said on Tuesday when asked about taking more chances down the field in the passing game. “But like I said after the game – when your defense is playing so well 鈥?You want to take shots as much as you can and put up some points, but when your defense is playing so well, you want to be smart with the football, protect it. When it’s a tough defensive game like that, it comes down to who is going to make the lesser amount of mistakes, and we did a good job of winning the turnover battle and playing well and kind of finishing that thing out. “Kessler completed 75 percent of his passes against the Colts, but a large portion of those were checkdowns and passes to the running backs. Part of that was because the Colts play a lot of zone so it was there, but a lot of it was because Kessler was playing it safe and not wanting to turn the ball over. There were a few seam routes he passed on to hit the check down against the Colts.That’s not going to work against a team like the Tennessee Titans and Kessler knows that Cedric Ogbuehi Jerseys 2019 , even going so far to seek out star cornerback Jalen Ramsey after the game to thank him for the shutout and vowing to put some more points on the board. “When the defense holds them to zero, you want to put up touchdowns. You want to score points and as the quarterback of an offense, that’s on me first,” Kessler said about his comments to Ramsey. “Like you said, there is stuff that we want to improve on and you want to give them [the defense] the comfort level of them knowing, ‘Hey, they’re going to go out there and score some points.’ That’s something that we want to improve on this week.”The offense on Sunday wasn’t good at all, but it didn’t make the huge mistake that has often plagued the Jaguars this season and sucked the life out of the team. What they did Sunday won’t be close to good enough going forward and we’ll need to see Kessler take more shots down the field instead of playing it safe and hitting the dump off to the back.The Titans will play a lot more man coverage and load up to stop a returning Leonard Fournette, which should provide some one-on-one chances for the Jaguars receivers. The question will be can the line hold up protection long enough for them to win the battle and will Kessler uncork the football and make the throw.At this point in the season most fans are about the NFL Draft positioning, but right now I want to take a hit to the Titans season.